[Project_owners] contentAreaClick() and MacOS?

Jed jedbro at gmx.net
Fri Jan 21 18:29:19 EST 2005

Hi everyone.

My extension WebMailCompose
(http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=103810 )
works great under Windows and Linux, I've gotten reports that parts of
it don't work under MacOSX and I just got one and can confirm it.

The problem it seems is that contentAreaClick(); does not get called (or
I can't overlay it) under MacOSX.
Does anyone know why? Or what I could be doing wrong?

->
http://lxr.mozilla.org/aviarybranch/source/browser/base/content/browser.js#4438
->
http://lxr.mozilla.org/aviarybranch/source/browser/base/content/browser.xul#410

What I'm doing is overlaying browser.xul and with the javascript doing
the following:

var oldcontentAreaClick = window.contentAreaClick;

window.contentAreaClick = function(event, fieldNormalClicks) {
.......do stuff here
//Call original contentAreaClick function when done
oldcontentAreaClick(event, fieldNormalClicks);
}

Again, works in Windows and Linux, no idea why on mac it does nothing :(.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
-Jed