[Project_owners] libical help or other C/C++ library to manipulate ical files.

Eric A. Bonney sunbirdsync at vanhlebarsoftware.com
Thu Jan 20 19:14:35 EST 2005

If I am posting this to an incorrect place please advise me.  I am just
getting started on a project that will eventually allow the user to sync
appointments(events) and tasks(todos) from Sunbird to a PocketPC
device.  With that, I was looking for some kind of library that would
allow me to easily manipulate the ical file, without having to reinvent
the wheel sort of speak.

I downloaded libical 0.24 from a website, but I can't seem to get it to
work with my project.  I am using eVC++ 4.0 as my development studio and
I am using straight Win32 APIs at this point.  When I tried to include
the icalcomponent.h header file so that I could parse out the ical file
I got error messages relating to the icalderivedparameter.h file.  This
file was originally an inline header file, so I renamed it as just a
straight header file.  Now I am getting errors relating to other header
files not being able to be located.

Am I missing a step someplace that I need to do before I can use this
library?  Is there a different library that I can use in my project that
is available?

Thanks for the help, and again, if I am in the wrong location, please
point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks,
-Eric