[Project_owners] Howto extend one of Mozilla's (or Firefox's) XUL

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Mon Jan 17 12:58:46 EST 2005

Hi,

I am the author of a news aggregator [1]. As part of the extension I am
overlaying the context menu on links to include an item titled 'Add the
link as a new news feed' (similar to 'Bookmark Link'). When the user
selects this item, I open up

chrome://communicator/content/bookmarks/addBookmark.xul (Mozilla)
chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/addBookmark.xul (Firefox)

in a dialog and pass it the the link text and link URL as arguments.

The addBookmark UI shows all the folders and sub-folders of the user's
bookmark. In the UI I want, the tree's ref should not be
rdf:bookmarksRoot. It should be one of the folders in bookmarks.

addBookmark.xul currently does not have this functionality. If I want to
add this functionality (somehow, for lack of a better word, overlaying
the addBookmark.xul with my code) through my extension, how would I go
about doing this?

Thaths
[1] http://habarixenu.mozdev.org/
--
Lisa: Dad, I think that's pretty spurious.
Homer: Well, thank you, honey.