[Project_owners] Re: <xul:description wrapping not working

HJ bugus at universum.org
Fri Jan 14 09:45:54 EST 2005

Karsten Düsterloh wrote:
> HJ aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>
>>>I am writing a new binding and ran into this problem were
>>>
>>><xul:description xbl:inherit="value=description" ...
>>>
>>>isn't wrapping the text.
>

> Why should it? AFAIR and
> http://www.xulplanet.com/references/elemref/ref_description.html tells me:
>
> | This element is used to create a block of text. The text can be set
> | either with the value attribute or by placing text inside the open
> | and close description tags. The value attribute is used to set text
> | that appears in a single line. If text appears as a child of the
> | description, it will wrap to multiple lines.
>
> Karsten

I used xbl:inherit="value=description" and so it my text was displayed
as a single line (no wrapping) because of this: "The value attribute is
used to set text that appears in a single line."

However, when you use something like xbl:inherit="xbl:text=description"
than it wraps the text i.e. "If text appears as a child of the
description, it will wrap to multiple lines." or in short, it adds a
child node...

/HJ