[Project_owners] Re: XBL constructor/deconstructor issues

HJ bugus at universum.org
Mon Jan 10 20:17:43 EST 2005

HJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some difficulties with an extended binding. The original
> contructor/decontructor in the Mozilla XBL code are run, but also my
> copies of them. How can I prevent it to run the original XBL code?
>
> The same applies to <handler></handler>
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> /HJ

I've added some dumps and this is what I get:

In my XBL code
<destructor>
<![CDATA[
   dump("\n1a");
    ../..
   dump("\n2a");
   ]]>
</destructor>

In Mozilla's XBL code

<destructor>
<![CDATA[
   dump("\n1b");
    ../..
   dump("\n2b");
   ]]>
</destructor>

The resulting output is:
1a, 2a, 1b and never gets to 2b, because it throws a JS error!

So again, how can I prevent this? Is this possible, and if not, Mozilla
sucks!

/HJ