[Project_owners] Internationalization question

Rod Whiteley rod.whiteley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:58:54 EST 2005

Leung WC wrote:
> Using preferences files & string bundle can be much simplier...

I agree.  There is nothing difficult about string bundles.

But it is structurally simpler to have all the translateable strings in
one place.

Also, in my extension some of the strings were already in a dtd and
loaded by xul.  It would have been silly to duplicate those strings in a
bundle.

That left only three or four strings needed by JavaScript.  It was much
simpler to load them as extra attributes.