[Project_owners] Cleaning out old abandoned projects

Daniel Fournier zdev at noos.fr
Sun Feb 27 09:11:11 EST 2005

David Boswell wrote:

>i absolutely agree that some old untouched projects still have a lot of
>value.  something like abzilla or abimoz won't be purged.  we're
>looking at getting rid of projects that were started and then never
>touched.  something like xurblezilla.mozdev.org.
>

>david

David, please don't delete my 3 projects: jsconsole, xulconsole and
mozquery.

They work quite well with Mozilla last release and even if I don't
update them, their functionalities are up-to-date for Mozilla
developers: eating my own dog food, I use them almost every day so
others could do the same.

I think, as reported here, that many projects are no more in a
development phase but are nevertheless very helpful to many users.
Wouldn't it be fair to offer them a column (or a similar place) to
re-activate interest in them, something like a "Don't forget me".

Daniel