[Project_owners] Cleaning out old abandoned projects

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Sat Feb 26 10:38:45 EST 2005

Also note that if a person is just updating the downloads dir (as I do)
it does not get picked up as an update and stays on the abandoned list.
Admittedly my project, kiosk.mozdev.org, does not get updated very
often. But thats because it works, so unless there is new feature or
does not work with a new mozilla/FF version I don't update the downloads
dir or the webpages here. Maybe there needs to be another way to detect
if a project is realy abandoned. Having live projects maked as abandoned
makes people think the code will not work and so they never even try it,
I gets lots of queries as to if my project works or not because they
find it in the abandoned list.

Jim