[Project_owners] Cleaning out old abandoned projects

Baris Cicek baris at teamforce.name.tr
Sat Feb 26 18:13:45 EST 2005

I definately agree on that aspect. Sometimes projects reach final stage
and developers don't need to add any new function. However the thing
maybe arise when you think if project is *not working* anymore, instead
of checking commits to CVS in last 180 days.

I don't know if it's feasable to try all of those projects and see if
they are working or not, but it might be the only way to distinguish
projects 'abandoned' or reached final state.

Btw, how much space those projects consume? Since they won't waste bw
that much, isn't it better to archive those instead of just wiping them.
They are whatever it is, open source projects and might help a developer
in the future.

Isn't it possible to find a mirror that has low bandwidth and used for
attic to store abandoned projects only?