[Project_owners] Update site?

Mook mook.moz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:04:26 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:19:13 +0000, Matthew Wilson
<matthew at mjwilson.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Means wrote:
> > A while ago I posted an update for my SETI at home extension (sahuserstats) on
> > my mozdev site.
> >
> > Is there anything else I need to do so that users will see that there's a
> > new version available?
> >
> > How does the Update option from the extension dialog work?  Does it know
> > where the extension was installed from, or does it read a configuration
> > entry from somewhere?
>
> Your extension should point to an RDF file which provides details of the
> updates.
>
> More here:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/extensions/update.html
>
> Matthew

Note that we've found that the download mirrors don't know what RDF
files are (-> application/octet-stream), but making them XML files
(*.xml) seem to work.  Putting the file on www would work too, but we
wanted to minimize the traffic to there.

--
Mook
mook.moz at gmail