[Project_owners] Anyone using encryption in a Mozilla add-on

James Wright jamesw at bsdhosting.co.za
Sat Feb 12 11:00:36 EST 2005

Note also from toolkit/components/passwordmgr/base/nsPasswordManager.cpp:

// Note that nsISecretDecoderRing encryption uses a pseudo-random salt
value,
// so it's not possible to test equality of two strings by comparing their
// ciphertexts.  We need to decrypt both strings and compare the plaintext.