[Project_owners] Anyone using encryption in a Mozilla add-on

James Wright jamesw at bsdhosting.co.za
Sat Feb 12 10:58:18 EST 2005

from dist/idl/ nsISecretDecoderRing.idl:
/* Encrypt nul-terminated string to BASE64 output */
  string encryptString(in string text);

  /* Decrypt BASE64 input to nul-terminated string output */
  /* There is no check for embedded nul values in the decrypted output */
  string decryptString(in string crypt);

according to PK11SDR_Encrypt
/*
 * PK11SDR_Encrypt
 *  Encrypt a block of data using the symmetric key identified.  The result
 *  is an ASN.1 (DER) encoded block of keyid, params and data.
 */
the key appears to be the master password, which can be unset.  Use at
your own risk, etc.