[Project_owners] install link not working

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Tue Feb 8 09:39:31 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 Feb 2005 06:55, HJ wrote:
> Jon Stritar wrote:
> > This doesn't really have to do with mozdev, but I think someone here
> > might know how to fix this.
> >
> > The install link for Forecastfox at
> > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=214519 only works for
> > about half the people. It often opens a new untitled Firefox window and
> > then just sits there. It works if you copy and paste the url, or if you
> > right click and save it. It works fine for me, but a lot of people are
> > reporting problems. I'm also serving it as the right mime-type. Does
> > anyone know what it could be?
> >
> > The server is: Apache/2.0.52 (Gentoo/Linux)
> >
> > Jon
>
> Remove the "target="_blank" from the install link.
>
> /HJ

Since the link was created thus :

[url=http://jstritar.mit.edu/extensions/forecastfox/forecastfox-0.7-RC3-ff-moz.xpi]install[/url]

It is phpBB that is adding any target attributes - perhaps a real html link ?

<a
href="http://jstritar.mit.edu/extensions/forecastfox/forecastfox-0.7-RC3-ff-moz.xpi">install</a>

--

cdn