[Project_owners] Updated policy documents

HJ bugus at universum.org
Sat Feb 5 20:19:53 EST 2005

David Boswell wrote:
> I wanted to announce that we have updated our policy documents.  Links
> to each are in the footer of most pages and you can also find them at
>
> Terms of Use
> http://www.mozdev.org/community/terms.html
>
> Copyright Policy
> http://www.mozdev.org/copyright.html
>
> Privacy Policy
> http://www.mozdev.org/community/privacy.html
>
> This includes an update to the existing Terms of Use and Copyright
> Policy and an addition of a Privacy Policy.  Please review and let me
> know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
>
> For all new projects created starting now we require that a checkbox be
> marked on the new project form indicating that you have read and
> understand these documents.  Links to these documents have been right
> above the submit button for a while now, but the checkbox is new.
>
> David

"mozdev's services and the Site are available only to individuals who
are eighteen (18) years of age or older."

This is bad news for young MAD rookies, like my son who is only 13.
Think about people like Gervase Markham, Blake Ross and Ben Goodger,
they all started at a younger age, right?

"mozdev reserves the right to terminate Your access to the Site for any
reason or for no reason, on written notice to You, which may be given
via email or otherwise."

The "for no reason" part is a bit strange, and it sure doesn't make you
a trustworthy party.

There's also not a single word about projects that are terminated by the
project owner, and what happens to his code, because a project owner
should be able to say; it's all over, to everyone.

p.s. are the new terms and policy pages for new and for all current
projects?

/HJ