[Project_owners] New XUL project category

HJ bugus at universum.org
Wed Feb 2 19:34:58 EST 2005

David Boswell wrote:
> There was a recent discussion here about tools people use for their
> Mozilla development.  I realized while reading this that we don't make
> it easy for people to find XUL development projects on the site.
>
> There were XUL tools listed in the Tools category, but they were lumped
> in with a bunch of different types of projects.  To help make finding
> these tools quicker, I moved these to a new XUL development category.
>
> http://www.mozdev.org/categories/xul.html
>
> I'm not crazy about the new category name since all extensions use XUL.
>  I thought of XUL Tools but that could cause confusion with the other
> Tools category.  Any thoughts?

What about using something like "xultools"?

> Hopefully this will help developers find the tools they need and will
> help promote the projects underway that are working to make XUL
> development easier.
>
> David

On a side note, I am still looking for a XUL/XBL written interface
that's capable of adding/removing XUL/XML/CSS/JS/RDF/JAR files to
JAR/XPI files.

Something like InfoZip, but without bugs, and with support for scripts
to do some tasks, fully automatically, with a single click/keystroke.

/HJ