[Project_owners] PHP and PATH_INFO

Doug Giles giles at mindzilla.com
Wed Feb 2 20:48:04 EST 2005

Is it possible to use PATH_INFO variables in URIs on the MozDev server?

For example, I would like to be able to access 'example.php' with a URI
like this:

  http://mycroft.mozdev.org/example.php/x/y/mozilla.gif

If example.php were a real file (it doesn't currently exist), this URI
would execute example.php and provide /x/y/mozilla.gif in the PATH_INFO
environment variable.

Currently, the web server tries to resolve the entire URI - it doesn't
know to access the PHP file.  This works great on my local Apache 2.0
server.  I've searched for a solution, but haven't found anything.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug