[Project_owners] Code Signing - strange things afoot

Pete Collins pete at mozdevgroup.com
Thu Dec 29 16:00:29 EST 2005

> Looking at the certificate details tree in the Certificate Manager, I
> have
>
> MyCertID->Certificate->Extensions->Netscape Certificate Type="Not
> Critical<new line>Object Signer"
>
> The cert hierarchy is
>
> MyCert->Certum Level 1->Certum CA
>
> That's as far as I can go in answering your question,
> Andy

In FF:

Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Security->View Certificates->Your Certificate

  CA Name
    My Cert Name     Software Security Device    Object Signer    Serial
#    Expiration Date

  1. Make sure it is listed under "Your Certificate"
  2. Make sure "Purpose" says "Object Signer"
  3. Make sure your expiration date is valid

--pete

www.mozdevgroup.com
Mozilla Software Development Solutions
tel: 1-719-302-5811