[Project_owners] My extension prevent from quitting

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 12:01:30 EST 2005

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:51:14 -0800 (PST), Didier Ernotte wrote:

> Some users complain about my extension because it prevent from quitting
> Firefox. When the user click on "quit", all windows disapear but a
> shadow "firefox" process is still alive. They have to kill it manually.
> I don't have that problem here, and I can't reproduce it (maybe it's a
> PC only problem since I test it on a Mac). I have no clue where to
> start looking at. How can an extension can freeze the "quit" process.
> Does anyone every notice that strange behavior in his extension ? Any
> help appreciated.
> Thanks

On the Mac, is your extension hooking anything on to the Firefox hidden
window? I think the Win32 versions of Firefox handle the hidden window
differently. Some versions of Firefox had a bug in the window counting code
in the shutdown routines but I thought that this was only on the trunk.

Phil
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
[ ]<%>{ 1 fish, <%>{ 2 fish, <%>{ red fish, <%>{ blue fish
* TagZilla 0.059