[Project_owners] WebDAV extension?

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 16:34:30 EST 2005

Eric H. Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of writing a WebDAV extension for Firefox/Mozilla. Before
> I begin, I wanted to make sure I didn't reinvent the wheel. Anyone know
> if this has already been tackled?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Jung

Hi,

you may want to look at <http://webdavclient.mozdev.org/>.

Also, a few months ago I invested some time looking into writing a kind
of "edit this page" extension. The plan was to download the content,
write it to a temp file, let the user edit the temp file, and write it
back (possibly with locks). However I failed because I couldn't figure
out how to use XmlHttpRequest to get binary content.

But anyway, if you're going to start a project, I'll certainly try to
help as much as possible (mainly protocol-wise, I'm not very strong with
Mozilla's internals and Javascript (yet)).

Best regards, Julian