[Project_owners] Moving around session history entries

Matthew Waymost waymost at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 19:39:53 EST 2005

Hey guys,

I'm writing an extension that listens to when a new entry is added to the
history and, when the index is not at the end, moves around entries in the
history. After I do this though, the browser crashes (TB13039034X is an
example of what happens). If you dig into the addEntry code (
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/docshell/shistory/src/nsSHistory.cpp#270),
you can see that the browser gets the current transaction prior to calling
the listener, and I believe this to be the problem. But I have no idea
whatsoever how to remedy it.

I originally tried creating a new session history and replacing it instead
of directly modifying it with replaceEntry() calls, but I ran into the
problem that I couldn't get the entry to be created since the function only
gets the URI and not the full entry (which is a problem with post data and a
couple of other things).

Any suggestions as to how to get around the problem, or whether it's
possible?

Matt