[Project_owners] XBL and preferences

Pekka Sillanpää p.sillanpaa at hut.fi
Fri Dec 9 02:20:26 EST 2005

Hi all!

I have one custom XBL element in my extension, and now when I am
starting to use the prefwindow/preference stuff, I face problems. I have
no idea how to set (initialize) the preference for a custom element. So
when I open my settings panel, the custom XBL binded text box is empty.
For the default textbox, checkbox etc. elements it is straightforward.

How can I specify the field of a custom XUL element that the
<preference> element should modify and read?

I have read:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Preferences_System:New_attributes

And there were said:
"If you wish it to update the value of an element with different local
name, for example your own XBL widget, you need to set the
|preference-editable="true"| attribute on it."

Set it where?

Thanks in advance!

Pekka