[Project_owners] obtaining reference to new tab

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 12:12:02 EST 2005

OK, so I have this to create a new, empty tab and then insert content:

var wm = Components
  .classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"]
  .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator);

var win = wm.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser");
win.gBrowser.selectedTab = win.gBrowser.addTab("about:blank");
var dom = new DOMParser().parseFromString(content, "text/xml");
win.gBrowser.selectedTab.appendChild(dom.documentElement);

The string-to-DOM code works fine, but nothing appears in the new tab
after executing the appendChild() call. Should I call this on some
child or parent of win.gBrowser.selectedTab?

Thank you again,
Eric Jung