[Project_owners] commandset problems with tabbed extension

Zachary Carter zack.carter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:00:30 EST 2005

When my extension is running as a browser tab in FF 1.5, none of the
commandsets are being triggered (I have ones for focus, select,
clipboard, and undo), whereas they work fine when the extension is
opened as a floating window. Is there some new treatment of tabbed
windows in FF 1.5 which is stiffling the commandsets?

Also, I have some tabs within the extension which have commands
assigned to them via the command attribute. But when the tabs are
selected, their command does not run and instead the focus is thrown
to the browser address bar. Again, when the extension is running as a
floating window, they execute properly. Any way to stop this behavior?

Thanks,
Zach