[Project_owners] ctrl-space auto-insert extension - be a guinea pig

Paul Tomlin paul at paultomlin.com
Mon Aug 29 09:51:36 EDT 2005

Michael Johnston wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm about half way through the next version of my extension.
> would appreciate some people to try and break it.

Not tried to break it to much yet, but have you thought of using an
autocomplete textbox to accomplish the popups? I'd imagine that you
would need to dynamically set the autocomplete attribute on the
textbox's when the user hits the shortcut and some custom autocomplete
session gizmo. I know firefox and thunderbird used to be different ac
widgets which might make this more complicated.

Anyway, just a thought since it would probably be most familiar for users.

Oh yeah, the strapline 'sign your life away' makes me want to check the
code before I use it too much :)