[Project_owners] Wikifying old projects? A recycling idea...

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:53:18 EDT 2005

Eric T. wrote:
> So when projects become inactive for too long, they could be
> "wikified" so anyone can post an update/fix that will be useful to
> some without having to go through the process of taking the project
> over and committing to maintaining it.

My only concern (a common one for wikis) is that if someone feels like
just messing around, what do we do? How do we prevent that? (They're
dead projects, it might be a while before someone notices.)

Maybe having a "fixme of the month" where you take a dead project (no
stillborns) and for one month allow all developers of any project (ie,
anyone who already has checkin status.) to check in. (After asking the
author.)

I actually would not mind something like this with my XPathHelper. It's
fairly simple, most of it implemented. But it is not fully polished, and
there are still issues I would like to see resolved.

-- Jamie