[Project_owners] Summer of Code projects

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch.news at beonex.com
Mon Aug 29 01:47:35 EDT 2005

(reading an old thread I had archived)

Eric Jung wrote:

>I have the SHA-1 algorithm implemented in JavaScript, if that would
>help.

I think that's a bad idea performance-wise, esp. for large files that
are typically exchanged via bittorrent, but we (biesi for me for
ManyOne) developed a C++ component to do that, using NSS functions. It
can be used from JS, as long as you have a stream (e.g. from a file or
network).

Please contact me, if there's interest, I think it can be made available
via MPL (if it isn't already).

Ben