[Project_owners] disabling Gecko console messages

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Mon Aug 22 00:12:04 EDT 2005

Eric Jung (grimholtz at yahoo.com) wrote:
> When I start FF leaving its console open, I see endless messages like
> this in the console:
> (Gecko:27386): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable:
> assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed
> (Gecko:27386): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels:
> assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
> etc...
> It makes it hard to see my dump() messages. How can I disable the
> Gecko console messages?

This most probably is related to your switch to GTK+-2.8, which has
become more strict wit regard to some stuff. The most likely reason for
these messages is the Gtk-Theme you're using, check if these messages
also appear for other applications.

Try using the default gtk+-theme.

              simon at budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/