[Project_owners] Creating applications with Mozilla

Todd Ross mozdev at brainsick.com
Sat Aug 20 08:23:21 EDT 2005

Eric Jung wrote:
> I'm trying to learn about XULRunner. I tried running the sample
> MyBrowser application at
> http://friedfish.homeip.net/~darinf/xulrunner/mybrowser.html but get
> this error:
>
> Error: Gecko MaxVersion requirement not met.
>
> I've installed this version of XULRunner:
>
> ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/nightly/2005-08-19-09-trunk/
>
> Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I haven't played with any of the new XULRunner builds, but I had
converted a (skeleton) stand-alone application from a Firefox extension
to XULRunner back in April.  I outlined the steps that I had to take.
No one seemed interested at the time (little discussion was generated),
but it might be worth taking a look at that thread again.

04/26/2005 Story: XULRunner Conversion