[Project_owners] Firefox crash in xpinstall.dll

Ludwig Hunecke lh at northern-tribes.de
Wed Aug 17 14:44:38 EDT 2005

> A link to your source might help others to have a look, after all,
> this is open source, right?  They might see something you overlooked ;)

http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/multexi/src/multexi_xpi/src/content/multexi/multexi.js?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

That's the URL to the specific file. The error occures after

xpInstallManager = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/xpinstall/install-manager;1"]
	                           .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIXPInstallManager);

has been invoked in "function mccSynchronizeMsc () ". I know, this
reference isn't needed there ... that's just for testing.
Currently I'm a little irretated beacuse in the update.js from the
sources I downloaded they're using createInstance(...) and not
getSevice(...) (but I think this irretation might be caused by missing
know how ;) ).

Dear,
Ludwig