[Project_owners] Testing Extension localization

Michael Keppler Michael.Keppler at gmx.de
Tue Aug 9 20:20:33 EDT 2005

Sudhakar Chandra schrieb:
> Someone has translated the string for my extension into Bulgarian. I
> know how to include it into my XPI. But I have no idea how I test it.
> How would I go about testing if things work well if I wanted to test
> this Bulgarian L10n of my E6n (extension ;-)?

With Mozilla you may use the language packs from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_status.html#contrib but you
still need to switch the locale using some command line arguments.

With Firefox there is a nice language switching extension on
http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/switch-locales/ but I don't know where you
can find current language pack XPIs for Firefox. You may get it working
with material from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_otherproj.html#firefox or
related web pages.

Ciao, Michael.