[Project_owners] New project - how to set up bugzilla?

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 08:39:24 EDT 2005

> I need to set up bugzilla for my project.  On my bugs page, I see:
>
> "This project has no bugzilla product."

bugzilla isn't set up by default unless it is requested on the new
project form.  it's easy enough to set up though for anyone who wants
it for their projects.  email me directly with a list of components
you'd like to use to track bugs and i'll get you set up.

> "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> /mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/php/include/bugs_2005 on line 101"

we should probably have a better error message here.  maybe something
like "Bugzilla hasn't been set up for this project yet."

> <flame-shield>I've googled, searched the FAQs, double-checked my
> confirmation e-mails, visted the IRC channel, and browsed the
> archive.</flame-shield>

that's our fault for not being very clear about the process.  if this
information isn't in the docs, we should put it in there.

david