[Project_owners] Story: XULRunner Conversion

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Thu Apr 28 09:44:24 EDT 2005

Todd Ross wrote:
> Axel Hecht wrote:
>> chrome.manifest is documented at
>> http://www.mozilla.org/xpfe/ConfigChromeSpec.html
> Should that be linked to from the XULRunner Wiki page, then?  I would
> say yes as that was my first exposure to chrome.manifest.  I admit that
> I didn't search high and low as I was able to get it working through
> trial and error.

Actually, it should end up on devmo, rather than wiki.m.o. It's just
that I refuse to go into account hell right now, so I'm leaving that up
for later.

>> The rest looks pretty good. Your application.ini should have an ID,
>> though, see
>> http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/xulrunner/examples/simple/application.ini#22.
> I have an ID in my real application.ini.  I didn't want to paste all of
> it into an already-long e-mail.
>> That is used for the EM, for example.
> If EM is the Extension Manager, I thought that was a Firefox/Thunderbird
> feature.  How does that apply to XULRunner?  (I'm not trying to maintain
> Firefox compatability.)

Well, all xul applications should have a chance to have extensions, not
just firefox and thunderbird. And as at least firefox is aimed to run on
top of xulrunner, that's pretty much a requirement in itself.