[Project_owners] XML-RPC trouble

David Murray lid2000 at tpg.com.au
Fri Apr 1 03:19:13 EST 2005

The missing stuff related to it is:

dsLogin = new Object();

dsLogin.xmlrpc =
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/xml-rpc/client;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIXmlRpcClient);

Both those lines are outside any functions. dsAccounts.posturl is a
string that = "http://www.livejournal.com/interface/xmlrpc"

I checked with HTTPHeaders, and it seems to send the request fine, and
formed right. I copied the request and sent it via HTTPeek to see what
the exact response was, and the response is valid too. There is an
object returned from the request (as you can see, the third parameter in
RPCHandler.onResult); I just can't seem to read it or do anything useful
with it at all.

I'll post the code up tomorrow if I still can't figure it out, but I'm
off to bed now, after 11 straight hours trying to figure this out.
Goodnight all.

David.