[Project_owners] Optimizing a looping function

Tracy Norris tnorris at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 17:18:57 EDT 2004

Why not sort the list by email address first, this should allow you to
do all your comparisons with one pass...You might also sort first by
email address, then subsort by length of display name (descending),
length of first name (descending), length of last name (descending) and
then just take the first of a set of email addresses, or something like
that...