[Project_owners] US flag theme

Pete Collins pete at mozdevgroup.com
Sat Sep 11 10:49:28 EDT 2004

> Unfortunately the US flag gives people around the world a certain
> political feeling.
>
> Therefore I find it more appropriate that mozdev.org doesn't use a
> theme which wants to make a statement. Especially because some
> projects follow the mozdev.org theme.

Fact 1: The attack happened on US soil.
Fact 2: The US has been the greatest liberator and defender of freedom
in the history of the world.
Fact 3: Mozdev was created by US citizens, was born and lives in the US.
Fact 4: The US has spent more money on humanitarian efforts than any
other country in the world.

So I'm sure the "certain political feeling" you are feeling is one of
*appreciation* indeed.

I'm sick and tired of all the US bashing I see and hear abroad. We don't
like to discuss non developer issues on this list, but quite honestly
this type of wining gets me nauseous. The US flag is not a political
symbol, it is a symbol of this great country and the beacon freedom it
upholds for the rest of the world.

I don't see a flag there now, so I guess Chris or someone already pulled
it down. I would prefer it there.

--pete

www.mozdevgroup.com
Mozilla Software Development Solutions