[Project_owners] Clean Machine of Firefox

Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Sep 4 10:30:43 EDT 2004

Yes, I've had the same problem with the nightly build for the windows
version of Firefox. Extension installer does not work using the
update.mozlla.org, particular extension home page install link (which
uses javascript triggerinstall), or from any of the download mirrors for
an extension. The only way I was able to install my extension on windows
was by saving the XPI on my local machine and then pointing the browser
to the file. The other problem appears to be that although the extension
installs, it does not show up on the tools -> extensions list, which by
the way also says Extensions -> testing only !

This problem does not occur when using a nightly for linux or MacOS.