[Project_owners] Adding my extension to the Toolbar Customization in Firefox

Jesse Ruderman jruderma at cs.hmc.edu
Sat Oct 23 17:42:57 EDT 2004

Brian King wrote:

> On 23.10.2004 1:01, Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
>
>> My questions:
>>
>> 1. What do I do in my extension to add an icon and the name of my
>> extension to this list of available items that can be added to the
>> toolbar?
>>
>> 2. How would my application be launched when the toolbar item is
>> clicked? I know how it gets launched from toolbar (I overlay a file).
>

> Instructions here should still be good:
>
> http://www.mozdev.org/notes/transition.html#faq5

The button sizes on that page are wrong.  The correct button sizes for
Winstripe are 24x24 and 16x16.  If you want to have different versions
at each icon size (a subtle :hover effect like the Winstripe buttons, or
a disabled version), you should use the -moz-image-region trick to
prevent flicker when switching between the versions.
http://www.squarefree.com/extensions/thumbs/button-spec.txt and
thumbs.xpi might help.