[Project_owners] Strange tooltip problem

HJ HJ at netscape.net
Fri Oct 15 21:40:16 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have some troubles with one of the tooltips in MultiZilla. This looks
like a mozilla bug, because it worked for quite some time without any
problems.

Now, this specific tooltip works in mozilla trunk builds up to 20040507
but breaks in mozilla trunk build 20040513, but there are no Windows
builds in Mozilla's archive, so I'm a bit lost as to when exactly it breaks.

I used to use <tooltip position="before_start"... but that seems to fail
for unknown reasons. The tooltips position is simply wrong, on top of
menu items, instead of being aligned with the menu(popup) element.

I tried all other options for position="" but I fail to fix/locate this
problem. The big question is: "What patch caused me this trouble?". I
already looked at bonsai like so:

http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsquery.cgi?treeid=default&module=SeaMonkeyAll&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&dir=&file=&filetype=match&who=&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=2&date=explicit&mindate=2004-05-07&maxdate=2004-05-13&cvsroot=%2Fcvsroot

but I'm still lost, please help...

TIA,
/HJ