[Project_owners] Firefox sidebar

Jed jedbro at gmx.net
Tue Nov 30 22:41:12 EST 2004

Comments below:

Brian King wrote:

> I've set up an extension to load in the Firefox sidebar (using an
> overlay).
> 2 questions:
> 1) Is there a way to determine from another window (say a settings
> window) if the sidebar is open, with your extension loaded?

> 2) How to get a handle on it if it is open, say to update styles, add
> content, etc.

You should check out the code we use for QuickNote. Nick wrote a js
helper that can search for it. You can find it here:

Scroll down to:
var QN_Enumerator = {

There are functions for searching for your xul id in a new window, tab and sidebar. Grab what you need.
(I assume only the sidebar, but use all of it if you like)

If you have any questions about it let me know.