[Project_owners] Firefox sidebar

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch.news at beonex.com
Mon Nov 29 17:53:23 EST 2004

(re-trying with the right From address)

Brian King wrote:

> 1) Is there a way to determine from another window (say a settings
> window) if the sidebar is open, with your extension loaded?
> 2) How to get a handle on it if it is open, say to update styles, add
> content, etc.

If it's only the Preferences window, you can probably get the object of
the window form which it was opened using "window.opener". From there
on, you can use getElementById().

If you want to get other browser windows, there's a way to iterate over
open windows (windowmediator or something, I forgot).