[Project_owners] Using foreign language in my extension

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Mon Nov 22 20:55:40 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use different foreign language in my extension, but I
can't succeed (inforss.mozdev.org).
I have declared the locale in the install.rdf as

      <em:file>
         <Description about="urn:mozilla:extension:file:inforss.jar">
            <em:package>content/inforss/</em:package>
            <em:locale>locale/en-US/inforss/</em:locale>
            <em:locale>locale/fr-FR/inforss/</em:locale>
            <em:locale>locale/sv-SE/inforss/</em:locale>
            <em:skin>skin/classic/</em:skin>
         </Description>
      </em:file>

and each language as a contents.rdf as (for exemple)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
         xmlns:chrome="http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/chrome#">

  <!-- list all the packages being supplied by this jar -->
  <RDF:Seq about="urn:mozilla:locale:root">
    <RDF:li resource="urn:mozilla:locale:fr-FR"/>
  </RDF:Seq>

  <!-- locale information -->
  <RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:locale:fr-FR"
        chrome:displayName="Français (FR)"
        chrome:author="Didier Ernotte"
        chrome:name="fr-FR">
    <chrome:packages>
      <RDF:Seq about="urn:mozilla:locale:fr-FR:packages">
        <RDF:li resource="urn:mozilla:locale:fr-FR:inforss"/>
      </RDF:Seq>
    </chrome:packages>
  </RDF:Description>
</RDF:RDF>

If I'm using a English firefox, it works fine. If i'm using a French
Firefox, I have an error when the extension is loaded. The inforss.dtd
file in the overlay file can not be found. Same issue with a swedish
version.
Any clue ?
Thanks

Didier Ernotte