[Project_owners] Skinning extension through userContent.css?

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Sat Nov 20 16:32:03 EST 2004

On Saturday 20 November 2004 16:25, Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
> Chris Neale wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 November 2004 06:22, Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
> >>Is it possible for a user to change how an extension looks through
> >>editing her userContent.css?
> >
> > People may have more success using userChrome.css : )
>
> D'oh.  Of course.

Though that's generally with xul extensions

> >>If it is possible, what do I need to do in my extension to enable this?
> >
> > Unique IDs for items that are skinnable.
>
> I do have a slight problem.  My XUL extension (a news aggregator),

which mozdev project ?

> generates HTML, saves it to a file and opens it in an iframe using a
> file:// url. I am not sure if that would be skinnable through
> userChrome.css.

probably not

> > userContent.css is for webpages
>
> If I were to include a reference to one user*.css explicitly in my
> generated html, which one should I be using? userContent? userChrome?

I would generate an id attribute for the body of your generated page, then add
instructions that users should prefix styles for this page with that id, when
they add declarations to userContent.css

--

cdn

--

Extensions for Mozillan Applications [ http://cdn.mozdev.org/ ]