[Project_owners] Skinning extension through userContent.css?

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Sat Nov 20 21:55:00 EST 2004

Chris Neale wrote:
> On Saturday 20 November 2004 06:22, Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
>>Is it possible for a user to change how an extension looks through
>>editing her userContent.css?
> People may have more success using userChrome.css : )

D'oh.  Of course.

>>If it is possible, what do I need to do in my extension to enable this?
> Unique IDs for items that are skinnable.

I do have a slight problem.  My XUL extension (a news aggregator),
generates HTML, saves it to a file and opens it in an iframe using a
file:// url. I am not sure if that would be skinnable through
userChrome.css.

> userContent.css is for webpages

If I were to include a reference to one user*.css explicitly in my
generated html, which one should I be using? userContent? userChrome?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
"If I could just say a few words... I'd be a better public speaker."
                         -- Homer J. Simpson