[Project_owners] Re: protecting preferences

HJ bugus at universum.org
Thu Nov 18 17:24:09 EST 2004

Neil wrote:
> HJ wrote:
>
>> I keep losing part of my preferences (prefs.js) after a Mozilla crash
>> and wonder if there's anything I can do to 'protect' myself.
>

> Why not copy the important ones to user.js?

Thanks Neil, but I am aware of user.js. My main problem is that I have
to ask 'end-users' to copy the preferences from prefs.js to user.js just
to prevent them from losing prefs, and that sucks. Btw, all user set
preferences in prefs.js are imporant if you ask me.

I guess we have to wait for a mozilla version that doesn't eat prefs...

/HJ