[Project_owners] toolbars and menupopup on Mac

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Tue Nov 16 16:00:21 EST 2004

Has anyone got toolbars and menupopups (containing menutiems) to work on
the Mac?

My XUL has the following:

         <toolbar id="navigation-toolbar">
             <toolbarbutton type="menu" label="&menu.habari;">
                 <menupopup id="habari-popup">
                     <menuitem label="&menu.habari.forget;"

This shows up fine on WinDOS and Linux (screenshot at
  But nothing shows up, as expected, on the Mac.

What alternative system can I provide on the Mac to mimic this
functionality? Are toolbars even possible on the mac? Can I add my
menupopup to the top level menu bar somehow?

How have the others solved this problem?

"Come on, Marge, I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I
want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone.
I want to visit strange, exotic malls. I'm sick of eating hoagies. I
want a grinder, a sub, a foot-long hero...I want to live, Marge! Won't
     you let me live? Won't you please?!" -- Homer J. Simpson
Slacker Without Borders                        http://openscroll.org/
Key fingerprint = 8A 84 2E 67 10 9A 64 03  24 38 B6 AB 1B 6E 8C E4