[Project_owners] Inserting text around selected text in Midas

David Murray lid2000 at tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 13 01:22:52 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to insert text around selected text in Midas, for example:

Blah blah blah blah blah.

If 'blah blah blah' was selected and the text-inserter button thing was
clicked to put a ! at the start and a ? at the end of the selection,
it'd become:

Blah !blah blah blah? blah.

Or if nothing is selected, just !? appears.

I can do it fairly easily in a straight textbox, however I need to be
able to do it in the RTF editor. I was thinking set the caret at the
start of the selection, insert the text/HTML, set the caret to the end
of the selection, insert the text/HTML, then reselect the selection.
This way the undo pile shouldn't get wiped.

Only problem is, I can't figure out exactly how to *do* that. Any takers?

David.