[Project_owners] XMLHttpRequest and account/password for proxy

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Tue Nov 9 09:35:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm developping another RSS reader.... (quite simple, everything is in
the status bar), and since the final release of Firefox 1.0, I have a
issue with the XMLHttpRequest.open("GET", url) method. Before the final
version, the request through a secure firewall poped up a dialog for
the account/password for the firewall. Now, with the final release of
FF 1.0, I have no more popup, only an alert (exception) in my
application saying that "Proxy Authentication required". I have to
manually access to any url through the  firewall to get the security
popup, and then my extention can access to internet (see
http://inforss.mozdev.org)
Any clue ? Can I force in javascript the security popup ?
Thanks,

Didier