[Project_owners] Changing the encoding of a XMLHttpRequest object's response

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Tue Nov 9 16:26:39 EST 2004

Matthew Wilson wrote:
> You want to use DOMSerializer with the first argument as your document
> (XMLHttprequest.responseXML), the second argument as some kind of file
> output stream, and the third argument as "UTF-8".

I was doing this already thanks to your previous answer to a question I
asked.  Turns out that I was saving the feed fine as utf-8. The
XMLSerializer was not changing the xml encoding tag.  Now I change the
tag before saving the content and everything is fine.

Thanks for your help.

Thaths
--
"Come on, Marge, I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I
want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone.