[Project_owners] Re: Window icon

Richard Kirkcaldy richard at lordrich.com
Sat Nov 6 17:33:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:20:06 +0800, Leung Wing Chung
<lwchk2001 at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
 > I have a standlone application which run under firefox, and I want to
 > set the firefox icon to my own icon. So, how can I do it?

Hi,
    I've found the best way is to use Resource Hacker
<http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/>.  You need to use it
on the straight executable - firefox.exe can't be UPX packed before
hacking it in this way, and I have had problems with it losing it's
status as the default handler for html after use.  However, it does work
rather nicely, and we use it to modify Firefox for our Firexplorer
project.  The other thing you might want to look at is the iconpacks,
but once it's been modified wth the Resource Hacker you shouldn't need them.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy

http://firexplorer.mozdev.org