[Project_owners] Quick Guide to Firefox's new Extension API

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Sat May 29 02:16:03 EDT 2004

Robin Monks aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>> I personally strongly dislike webforums (let alone "blogs" - but
>> since you think it's worthwile, I'll have a look at Ben's) and
>> usually don't use them.
>
> A pitty, you can find a lot of information in both blogs and
> webforums.  Also, many users head to forums when they need help.

Compared with newsgroups and a decent newsreader, webforums are simply a
waste of time. The "noise level around the information" is much too high
there. Digging through webforums is really a pain. (And, as you said,
mozillazine in particular is "flooded" by non-developers.)

And as for blogs: in general, they may contain useful information.
But the attitude of some mozilla.org guys to "hide" important
information in their blogs instead of the m.o pages and/or newsgroups is
really annoying.

(BTW: Your threading sucks - you're sending neither a References: nor a

Karsten
--
Feel free to correct my English. :)